Friday, May 29, 2009

My Execution

I've changed my execution yet again and sticking to filming, not because I'm lazy to do graphics but because of my interest in film. Oh please anything that is digital and computerized is not difficult to do.

The concept will be Lateral Thinking in which requires a creative mind to think out of the box. The opposite is vertical thinking which means what you hear/see is what you get. This may not really suit my research but it doesn't matter because my purpose is not to flood you with history and information of middle eastern music, but whereas I want to experiment and escape from cliche patterns of showing information, and change the perception of how we see things, and also to think more!! Not just spoon-feeding the audience with information and nice graphics which at the end of the day, none will remember the content. Even if they do, I'm sure it won't be of a use to them. So I might as well introduce a technique that may be of a use to them in the future. But I have to do it good of coz.

I have come out with several ways to show lateral thinking, but I wont be posting now as I have not completed it yet. But I will post some of the pictures that inspired me and the ones I might be using.



I'm inspired by that flower because its just so beautiful. Maybe I could use it as a transformation of arabesque music from tasteless to colourful. Of course I wont this picture lah.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/bellydancingcostumes.htm

That website above shows various costume of a belly dancer (a dance that is popular in the middle eastern). I'm thinking of using the material as a main element in my film to tie every sequence. Right now I'm not making much sense but you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment